Thursday, February 9, 2012
Passing judgments has always been a quality we humans have preserved generations after generations.
we judge people on so many different levels..
it can be as harmless as 'the lady from the 3rd floor has no sense of fashion'
or as serious an accusation as 'her husband is a jackass'
to an extra insensitive one as 'my boss is a loner'..
The thing is, most of the times we don't even realize that our judgments are based on some preconceived notions. Judging essentially means to 'assess something against a standard'.
who is to decide this standard?
who is to say whats proper/improper , what is meant to be and what should have been in its stead..
try an Exercise : try not to judge anyone for a day! -- You wont make past your first hour at work!
and u'd shortly begin with your usual,
'that lady there needs sense matching her shoes!'
'oh dear! that blob guy should not be eating that chocolate'
'why did she divorce such an amazing guy!'
'she needs to tune down a bit'
now hold it there and think a little..
probably that is the only pair of shoes she has, probably he is eating that chocolate bar cause of all the stress at work! maybe she had to divorce that 'amazing' guy because he kept on abusing her parents or beating her the hell up! and she was tuned high because she was trying to keep away from her sad thoughts and just go out have some fun!
how does that make u feel?
now this isn't that pretty a picture, is it?
did your judgment ease their pain? did your judgment make u happy ? no it did not! none of it was useful! Then why judge at all?
I hope someday we all rid ourselves of this tedious self assigned task of judging everyone and everything around us and just let them be, let things be the way they are..
we are all just playing the game, no one has been given an extra edge or a headstart or the power to see some transparent script in the air written by the goddess of light indexing things that are meant to be in a particular order.
Just accept them the way they are.
they all are precious.
Lets us all try pausing our judgment machine for a while and try loving people instead for who they are. Let us please try ..
a little 'warning triangle' for all the 'judges' out there : while you are passing your smartypants judgmental comments, people are judging you!
Friday, January 27, 2012
One thing I couldn't help but notice is how different people act when they are drunk.
here are a few observations i'd like to share :
- People who usually keep quite, suddenly have this amazing confidence to talk! They yaber yaber about amazing topics, tell truly awesome stories and sometimes, sadly, just talk nonsense (but hey! everybody listening is drunk, who cares!) This phenomenon, slightly exaggerated, is shown (people who watch The Big Bang Theory would know what i am talkin of) when Dr. Rajesh Kuthrapali, an Indian, who cant talk to ladies is shown becoming 'the Ladies Man' when drunk!
- People who are drinking because they are depressed, become more depressed.. some end up crying ( and mostly its because of a love affair! Trust me- 97% of the time, ppl who drink and cry are doing so on account of a failed relationship ) These ppl were probably laughing and joking around before drinking!
- People who laugh a lot usually, end up LAUGHING A LOT MORE after being drunk! These are the ones who are fun to watch! They'd tell the silliest joke but laugh so much themselves that everyone around them then Laughs at them!
- There are those who suddenly become hercules after 3 drinks and who usually wudnt hurt a fly, now want to fight with every one at the bar!
- Then there are people who cant shake a leg before drinking but have a part of Mikey Jakson's spirit inside them after they are drunk( or so they think! cause hey, they dance just as pathetic as they were dancing before..)
- There are people who sit quiet, who talk loudly, who run around, who think of themselves as Bond and take a spoon (which they use as a gun!) in their hand acting like there's an Assassin lurking around! who talk with a british accent or a completely different language.. And among them there is this one caller! the person who calls up people when drunk! This caller person is the one who usually gives the bartender a hug before leaving..
The bottom line is, most of them act stupid when drunk, or they act drunk so they get to do stupid things.
Many claim to have forgotten what they said, who they were with, where they were, what they did and how they got back home.
so does alcohol bring out our true selves?
I wouldn't call Mr. Nasty our "true self". I think he's one piece of our personality, and our true selves have enough wisdom and control to keep him hidden as much as possible... Of course only until we drink...
Alcohol can mean fun party time.. an automatic generator of funny stories to tell.. a way to let inner child out to play for a bit!
Cheers Everyone! Enjoy :-)
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Friday, April 1, 2011
Friday, March 25, 2011
A very interesting piece of article I read in The Times Of India, made me realize how emotionally we Indians are attached to the game..
Am sure yesterday a lot of BEEPs followed after Gambhir’s foolish run out! We cursed him overlooking the good 50 that he brought us. But, as long as they bring home a win we are fine with it J. My point is we are so passionate about the game, that its almost like we are the ones playing there on the field..
We love the game, we love our players.
Considering the team we played against has WON the WORLD CUP TROPHY thrice, our win was surely an EPIC WIN that qualified us forthe semis!
Our team is doing their best out there. The Men ARE BLEEDING BLUE!
I can imagine the pressure our team will undergo while playing against the Pakistan team on home ground, but then the support of entire crowd there will surely fuel them up! Not to forget the thousands of fans praying for our win J
We did our best to reach from Motera to Mohali.. Now, we target Mumbai!
WE WILL QUALIFY FOR THE FINALS AND WE WILL WIN THE TROPHY!
Many thousands of wishes to the Blue army.. We KNOW you guys will ROCK !!